1. Realize that you are a sinner.
- Romans 3:23 - "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
- Romans 3:10 - "As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one."
2. God says our sins must be paid for.
- Romans 6:23 - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
A wage is something you earn. The payment for sin is separation from God in hell forever. Hell is a literal place of fire and torment.
3. God loves you and paid for your sins.
- John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
- Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love for us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."
Jesus went to the cross and paid the sin debt for you and I. All of our sin was laid upon Him while he was on the cross. He then arose and is alive forever.
4. You must receive Christ by faith.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
- Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shat be saved."
Salvation is a free gift given by God. We can only get to heaven through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. We must repent of our sins and ask Jesus to come and live in our hearts forever trusting in His finished work on the cross once and forever.
5. Pray and receive Christ.
- Romans 10:13 "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Lord, I know that I am a sinner and on my way to hell. I know that the only way to heaven is through you. I know I can not save myself. I repent of my sins and put my faith in the blood you shed for me on the cross of Calvary to pay for my sins. I accept you as my Lord and Savior and trust you to wash away my sin and take me to heaven.
If you have received Christ please let us know. We would love to rejoice with you and help you in your new walk with Christ.
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6-King James Bible)